For the past decade or so, YouTube is our go-to-app for watching videos on many categories, be it cooking recipe or DIY and crafts or any type of how to do, fashion hauls, beauty swatches, entertainment or anything health-related. But now, Google launch a new short video app, known as the Tangi app to decrease the popularity of a Chinese app, which is known as TikTok.
The app was launched on Thursday under Google’s experimental lab area 120. The features are very similar to Tiktok. It allows the users to record a video and then they can upload it on the platform.
The only difference between Tiktok and Tangi app is that Tiktok allows the user to upload videos in a duration of 15 seconds and 60 seconds but Tangi allows the users to upload videos of only 60 seconds.
The name originally comes from Teach and give and “Tangible”- things you can make. Google started to build this app last year and their journey ended on Thursday.
This app has a cool “Try It” feature where you can remake the video that you are watching. On a sad note, the app is accessible only on iOS but not on Android right now.
The platform will allow the users to record as many as possible videos they want and after that, they can upload it on the platform. They can like and comment too. They can even share it on their social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, using the link.
On the Tangi short video app Google launch, the users will be able to learn new things and share it with their friends and family members too.
How to use it?
To use the Tangi short video app Google Launch, you just have to open the app and create an account. You can sign in by using your own Gmail account. It has the “Sign in with Google” so there won’t be any hassle to have a password and you won’t have to even remember it. Now you can simply go to the “Edit” option and can edit your personal basic details like your name, age, gender as you want.
You can receive notifications about who liked and comment on your videos if you want. You can also accept notification about marketing. If you don’t want to get the notifications, you can simply choose to opt-out from it. It’s totally your decision.
Advantages of Tangi short video app Google launch:-
This app was launched on Thursday, 2020.It is still under development and only available for iOS users. Android users can not access this app. This app has several advantages. They are mentioned below:-
- It allows the user to upload a video of 60 seconds duration.
- The users can upload in many categories as it contains several types of categories.
- The user can share his or her talents in various fields by uploading videos
- You can even share it with your friends and family members.
- It allows the creator and viewers to interact with each other. It allows them to know each other.
- This app enables the world to see various types of talents, be it creativity or Do it yourself videos.
- You can learn much more about various types of ideas, you will get creative knowledge.
- Tangi short video app by Google will give money to the creators as per the views on their videos. So, it will be beneficial to the creators too, just like YouTube gives money to the users as per the views.
- Unlike TikTok and some apps like that, it does not solely focused on the entertainments for users. The main purpose of this app is creativity.
- It is ad-free. So the ads won’t disturb you while you’re watching a video.
Disadvantages of Tangi short video app Google launch:-
Along with the advantages, the Tangi app has some major disadvantages too. Those advantages can not be ignored so they are mentioned below:-
- It is still under development
- It is still not available for Android users. Only iOS users can access this app. For the android users, they can use it through their official website where you have to open an account to use it.
- It only allows to upload videos of 60 seconds. The users can not upload any short time duration videos like TikTok.
- Through the website, users can only see the videos uploaded by the video creators. They can not create any video and upload it.
“We only focus on DIY and creativity content,” explains Tangi founder, Coco Mao. “Our platform’s goal is to help people learn to craft, cook and create with quick one-minute videos. We designed Tangi to make it easier for users to find a lot of high-quality how-to videos,” she says.
Many more people who were creative but was smartphone challenged and did not know how to properly use a smartphone or did not have access to the social media or did not have any interest in social media like Facebook and Twitter and Instagram are getting super excited after Google launch this app.
Maybe they were creative but did not know how to share their talent or better yet, where to share it. Maybe they wanted a name for themselves but did not know how or which would be the ideal platform for them to share their thoughts and experiences and ideas. Tangi is the ideal app for them to share their ideas. It is very popular among them and the popularity is increasing between them.
So, as a conclusion, we could say though the Tangi app has many disadvantages like it’s availability for android users, creating video contents, time duration of videos and so on, it has some major advantages too, like it is hassle-free, easy to use, ad free, the creators got money as per their views from the authority. It allows the users to share their experiences, creative ideas and DO IT YOURSELF ideas too.
This app is focused on the creativity and that is why it is getting popular day after day among every generation, be it senior people or youths.